Thursday, August 30, 2007

THIS CHRIST

Cor. 5:21 says For HE hath made HIM to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in HIM. My thought would be this , If God has, at the expense of Jesus Christ, thru HIS suffering, pain, sacrifice and death, made us Righteous, freely, a gift, nothing we did to deserve this. Then would it not seem only "right" that we out of "grattitude" would want to follow holiness of heart and lifestyle . Following in the Master's footsteps, not conforming to this world's mindset, but following "hard" after Christ.
Now, if we don't do that or want to do that, then self is on the throne or sin lies at the door -- The Good Master spoke of leaven and the danger it is when allowed in the lump. Let us examine ourselves and renew afresh His Love for us and our "wanting" to be pleasing to God for scripture says " Thanks be to God for His Unspeakable Gift to us"
If we fail sometimes , then we know with repentance that He ever lives to intercede and is faithful and just to forgive us our sins --- IS THAT HOPE OR WHAT --
2nd part
I avoid mostly any talk of past experiences for we need to live in the now, daily manna, daily obedience but like U all, we have seen God work by obeying His Word. One Sunday morning, service was just ending , people filing out the rear doors. I was stopped by a Janette Mayberry, a poor woman with 6 or 7 children. She said, pastor, my middle boy Benjamin hurt his arm last nite, he is in great pain - (now Benjamin was probably about 12 or 13 years old, did not care for church or God - a rough back woodsie type kid, tough as nails) I looked at Benjamin and he was in pain , holding his right arm by the elbow area - his forearm was white looking and cold to the touch - he winced as I touched his arm - (this kid is tough and I knew he was hurting) - I said Benjamin, we are going to pray, will U give God the Credit when He touches U, Benjamin hardly looked at me, he nodded ever so slightly, I called over two other mature saintly men, we put on hands on Benjamin's shoulders and back and I prayed this prayer - Lord we thankyou for touching Benjamin in Jesus's Healing Name, amen -- we looked down at Benjamin's arm and U could see color coming back into his forearmn, it came from the elbow and went toward the hand -- he found instant relief, there were quite a few people still standing about and all could see this. His mother was thrilled and Benjamin went out the door with hardly a thankyou - lol ---The gist of this is -- We are to obey God, pray, expect, declare His GOODNESS and witness --- we are the Church Triumphant ---
passing-thru

5 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Passing-thru.
This is such a moving story.
Not only that the boy, Ben was healed but the kindness that you and those other godly Christians showed to the boy who did not "care for church or God".
The kindness shown to him would speak volumes just as the kindness of the Christians spoke loudly to the Golden children as we were growing up.
We will never forget...From Terry

Anonymous said...

Passing-thru, What a story!

Mrs. Shirkie, Great comment! And don't forget I will NEVER forget your kindness to my sister and I.

God bless you,
LPP

Anonymous said...

Lord Bless U Terry and Heb -- I loved your post today on Canadian Blogger Terry !

Yes on little Benjamin - he was a tough kid --lol --- we have alot of "stories" from the past -- and in NOW TOO -- this foreman I work with is hungering for bible studies now -- keep feeding him the Word day by day and U can see the "crop" growing -!

Anonymous said...

My sister wanted me to tell you about our trip to the Christian book store...Suffice to say that we were reminded of Pals everywhere we looked, whether it be the Southern Gospel CD, George Mueller books, "Fishers of men" scipture card...I told my sister I will never see things the same way after knowing you Pals. I knew a little about Mueller, but never cared to know more, and certainly did not care for Southern Gospel music...and the Bible verse about fishers of men always reminded me of the song we sang when we were little, when we all jumped up and down with the words that began with an "f" (girls) or "m" (boys)! How it has all changed!

Oh, I thought I'd share with you all, I found out from the owner of a Christian book store that CBD is owned (was bought by) Jehovah's Witnesses...they needed some funds, did their research, and voila! we are all fooled! I know a few Pals buy from there, so did we, so please spread the word.

LPP

Vicki said...

Loved that story of healing the boy's arm...I'm sure he's never forgotten it either.