Thursday, August 23, 2007

Heather..You Are Just Something!!


23.AugMore than a friend….
Thursday
In the quiet of my soul

In the stillness I hear Your voice call

And I am overwhelmed

And I am lost for words

To describe You
Chorus:

Jesus You’re more than a friend

Jesus You’re more than my heart could ever express

Your love and Your grace never fail me

Your merciful touch always heals me

You bring joy to my soul
My heart longs to worship You my King

And I long to bring You a pleasing offering

And I am overwhelmed

And I am lost for words

To describe You
Jesus You’re more than a friend

Jesus You’re more than my heart could ever express

Your love and Your grace never fail me

Your merciful touch always heals me

You bring joy to my soul


22.AugThe Upside of Cancer
Wednesday
• The 20+ pounds I have lost on the Cancer Diet •

Not having to worry about a “Bad Hair Day”•

Having more freedom to say “No”•

Wearing dangle ear rings sans hair•

The way the wind brushes my scalp•

The new outlook it brings•

The way my family and friends have rallied around me•

Did I mention the freedom to say “No”•

The way my husband kisses my bald head•

Living each day to its fullest… even if it is from my couch

Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to B,But by inventing some imaginary letters along the way!-Douglas Pagels
Edited to add:This is what came from my husbands work this afternoon…I was in my bedroom so I didn’t hear the door bell ring until Boomer (dog) barked madly, and by then he had already walked back to his truck and proceeded to drive off.
Imagine me running after the flower truck flagging him down sans hair….

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Hey, post those beautiful flowers you got, Heather! Stunningly beautiful, much like yourself. We are praying and standing with you, friend.

Terry said...

Aw Come on Vicki...David and I can't be the only ones swiping things. I think that you better post those stunning flowers that Heather got!!
You can do it!!!
Ha!! Love Terry

They sure ARE nice!!...

passing-thru said...

Thanks for posting this Terry -- Heather is an amazing testimony -- her and Arlene have etched on my spiritual blackboard, testimonies that stand the test of time and trial ----

susanwalkergirl said...

Heather dear one...you are amazing! I pray that you will walk away from cancer with your health restored, wisdom in tact from the lessons you've learned...and you feet moveably planted in faith and trust in your Savior…as you’ve know Him so fully in on you cancer coaster. We praise God for His faithfulness to you dear one and for His gift of you to your family and friends.