Monday, August 27, 2007

The Spirit of Prayer





Dear Pilgrim Pals: Here are some powerful words from a man who trusted his God to meet every need:

I live in the spirit of prayer.
I pray as I walk, when I lie down, and when I rise.
And the answers are always coming.
Tens of thousands of times have my prayers been answered.
When once I am persuaded that a thing is right,
I go on praying for it.
The great point is never to give up till the answer comes.
The great fault of the children of God is,
They do not continue in prayer;
They do not persevere.
If they desire anything for God's glory,
They should pray until they get it.


~ George Muller

"Father, Giver of every good and perfect gift, grant me grace to trust You for every need. You have already given me so much freely through Your well beloved Son. Thank You in Jesus name. AMEN!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could someone please post this? Thank you!

Hi, Pals!

I just got on here, and see i have lots to catch up on. I just want to let you know Ihave a dr's appointment today at 3:30...please pray I'll have peace and the doctor will have wisdom.

Also, my mom just told us that my grandma in the USA is doing awful, and cannt live alone. Interesting, because I awoke Sat. morning, and afer thanking God for life, breath, and no pain, I got a burden to pray for my grandma. When mymom shared this with us, everything inside me screamed, "I WANT TO GO TAKE CARE OF HER NOW!!!" But I held my peace...God's timing is perfect. I asked God that if He would heal me, I will leave all, and take care of my Grannie. It would be ahuge step to leave my family, friends, neighbors, pets, business, jobs, etc. but I would give it all up for her.

God bless you,
Lil Pilgrim Pal

Anonymous said...

I just remembered this...Could a pal post a reminder that we are paying tonight at 6 ET for Arlene, and then if anyone would ike to take up my suggestion (PT has already agreed to it) that we "fast" Pals from 8 to 9 ET and pray then, too?

LPP