Monday, August 27, 2007

Update: Vicki's Hubby

First of all, my husband says to tell all the Pilgrims "thank you." That's you!

He saw the cardiologist and explained the episode he had with chest pain yesterday, but the EKG was normal, praise the Lord! No heart attack. However, his BP was through the roof, and so the doctor changed his blood pressure meds back to what he took before heart sugery. He said this happens sometimes after surgery like this....especially since Richard had hypertension before. Pray that these two meds will bring it down again. As to his new heart valve, the doc said it's doing just great! Both doctors, both the surgeon and cardiologist, have marveled at his progress.

Jesus, thank you for letting me sleep last night finally, and for protecting him once again.

Thanks so much for your care and concern. I'm making my rounds, scooping up prayer needs, and taking 'em to the Lord....

"
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." ~ 1 Peter 5:10

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD POST !
THANKYOU LORD --- thanks Vicki and tell your husband Richard, he is one of us -- Lord Bless him --

Get some rest Vicki and thanks for being a pal ---

Anonymous said...

Vicki , back in 2001, I had chest pains, didn't go to the hospital - my son came by at 11:00 saturday nite as he seen me that morning not looking good - forced me to the hospital - Right Coronary Artery was 99.9% blocked, bp was 265/190 , they admitted me and was barely able to put a stent in -- so us men are stubborn , am glad Richard went and got check out A DAY LATER -- The Lord is Good

Pilgrim Pals said...

Yep, I'm glad he got checked out finally.

Wow, thank the Lord for your son making you go when he did!! I wish you could have told Richard that last night....guess he was scared. God surely kept his hand on you. Folks can stroke out with BP like that, but 99% blockage! Oh my. I'm glad you made it through! PTL!

Pilgrim Pals said...

Signed, Vicki. Oops again.

Bill said...

Father,

Please continue to heal Vicki's husband fully. Please use both him and Vicki for your glory. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN!!!

Terry said...

Dear Vicki..This is such good news.
Oh I know the relief you felt when the doctor told you that the EKG was normal.
I felt the same relief when they told us the same about Betty last night.
I guess her blood pressure and pulse was so low because of the medication she was on.
It was a pretty scary night for her though Vicki.

I am glad that the Lord gave you [his beloved] a blessed sleep last night and happy that your darling was protected once again!...Love Terry

Pilot Mom said...

Vicki, I forget to sign my comments too when I am signed in! ;)

This is indeed good news...worthy of praising the Lord! We will continue to pray for Richard's bp to adjust to the meds.

susanwalkergirl said...

Vicki...Praise God for His mercy endures forever. What a mighty God we serve.

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I am so happy to hear the good news!

LPP

Vicki said...

You all are the BEST! Your prayers and comments mean so much. Thanks for caring.