Sunday, August 26, 2007

Vicki's Husband. . .

Please pray. . .

My husband, Richard, had some chest pain when we were out and about this afternoon. I asked him about his symptoms, touched his arm, and realized he was pale, cool, clammy--not good. I got him to the car, all the while he's saying if he could just have a sip of my Sprite, his "indigestion" might go away. I told him that it might be more serious than gas pains or indigestion, but he refused to go to the emergency room because the pain subsided. Can you believe this?? I drove him all the way to the nearest hospital, yet he refused to go in. So I've been watching him like a hawk all evening.

Thankfully, he has a cardiologist appt. tomorrow (Monday) due to increased blood pressure this past week, and not feeling well. Just this past June 6th, he had open heart surgery to repair an aneurysm in his aorta, and also had a aorta valve replacement done. It blows my mind every time I think of how God protected him from that aneurysm rupturing. He also had surgery last year to remove melanoma from his scalp, along with a skin graft to the area. (It's time for a melanoma recheck....every 3-4 months now). Anyway the beta blocker he's taking for his blood pressure doesn't seem to be holding him right now.

Thanks for praying for us. I came here this morning --early-- and nearly cried to read some of the archived posts where you mentioned praying for us when we didn't even realize it!! Your faithfulness and sweet spirit just blesses me so much.

In His grace,
Vicki

8 comments:

David Warren Fisher said...

Dearest Vicki

Thank you so much for asking us to pray for your hubby. Be assured that we will.

Thanks, again, for being a PILGRIM PAL! I'm so glad that you've joined us! Your posts and comments are appreciated so very much.

Let's trust God together,

In His care,

David

Pilgrim Pals said...

Thanks, David. i just read your post, left a note, and will go to bed praying for you and your precious ones.

Pilgrim Pals said...

David, I forgot that my name doesn't show up when I'm logged into this here blog! Rest, dear brother. Praying so fervently for you!!

Grace & peace,
~Vicki~

susanwalkergirl said...

Dear Father in heaven...we pray that You would take away the fear that Richard has and that You would help him to do that which is frighteningly overwhelming. That You would help him to get the medical evaluation and treatment he need. We thank you for Your hand of protection upon him and for Your provision of health care. We pray that You will continue to protect Richard. Give the doctor's great wisdom tomorrow. Help them to see exactly what is happening with his body and plan treatment. We pray that the doctors would find just the right medication to treat Richard. Help Richard to listen to his beloved wife. Give him Your peace and help him to trust you in the midst of these trials. Strengthen Vicki...and give her wisdom and peace. Go before them...and pour out Your love to them...may they be ever aware of Your presence. In Jesus name we pray...Amen

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Vicki, be assured of my prayers dear sister! Thanks for the privilage of praying for you.

Julie (LM)

PS Wow, that Susan is a great prayer warrior - isn't she?! Bless her Lord Jesus ><>

Pilot Mom said...

Vicki, please know that I am praying for you and your husband!

Felisol said...

Dear Vicki,
I am prayinng early in Norwegian mornig for your husband and yourself.
It is indeed tough watching the one you love being ill as well.
God help and bless you both.
Felisol

Vicki said...

Thanks, dear ones, for these prayers. At present, Richard is feeling okay and went on to work this morning. His doctor's appt. is after lunch, so I will report back to you soon!