Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quotable Quotes...from Vicki

Dear Pilgrim Pals: I took the liberty of copying this post from Vicki's excellent blog, Windows To My Soul. I didn't ask for permission so I'll ask for forgiveness. I know she won't mind. ~ David

"Lord, grant me a quiet mind, that trusting thee, for thou art kind, I may go on without a fear, for thou, my Lord, art always near." ~ Amy Carmichael

Leaving you, now, with some quotes to ponder since I just lost my post. Thanks to Blogger, I'm learning to deal with cyber snafus, getting stretched in irritating ways. Also just noticed that the author of these fine quotes is nowhere to be found. I'll look them up quickly and try to post their names shortly. - Vicki

"Always make it a practice to stir your own mind thoroughly to think through what you have easily believed. Your position is not really yours until you make it yours through suffering and study."

"The grace you had yesterday will not be sufficient for today. Grace is the overflowing favor of God, and you can always count on it being available to draw upon as needed."

"Don't say, 'I will endure this until I can get away and pray.' Pray now---draw on the grace of God in your moment of need."

"If you will receive yourself in the fires of sorrow, God will make you nourishment for other people."

"God can do nothing for me until I recognize the limits of what is humanly possible, allowing Him to do the impossible."

"God does not keep His child immune from trouble; He promises, I will be with him in trouble...(Psalm 91:15).
It doesn't matter how real or intense the adversities may be; nothing can ever separate him from his relationship with God. In all these things we are more than conquerors...(Romans 8:37). Paul was not referring here to imaginary things, but to things that are dangerously real. And he said we are "super-victors" in the midst of them, not because of our own ingenuity, nor because of our courage, but because none of them affects our essential relationship with God in Jesus Christ."

"Out of the wreck I arise every time."~ ~ ~

Graphic above is provided and copyrighted by Snapshots of Joy

Thanks to Abigail whose artwork is amazing!

2 comments:

passing-thru said...

GOOD STUFF

Vicki said...

hehe...you sneaky ol' Pilgrim, you:-) Glad you enjoyed the quotes. I'm always delighted to know when someone finds encouragement via my blog.

Still haven't found my list of the authors that wrote those. Also, just wanted to make sure everyone knows that graphic is from Snapshots of Joy....I have the URL if you're ever interested in using Abigail's graphics. (She wanted me to be sure to post that).

Blessings everyone!