Sunday, September 23, 2007

The PILGRIM Has Landed

Well, dear Pilgrim Pals, I have arrived home from my wanderings. I checked the odometer and I put about 400 miles on the car yesterday and today!

This morning I spoke in Flesherton, Ontario at the Split Rail Festival's Community Church Service. My topic was...29 Things I Learned in the 29 Years I Spent With the Toronto Blue Jays. Long title! The crowd gasped, thinking I'd spend 4 or 5 minutes on each point and we'd be there for 2 1/2 hours. I calmed their fears quickly.

Here are the 29 things I've learned:

10 - The 10 Commandments are as relevant today as they were when God called Moses up to Mount Sinai.

9 - The Beatitudes (the 9 "blesseds") are still as true todayas when Jesus taught them to the disciples on the mountainside (The Sermon on the Mount).

9 - The 9 Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5) are still worth cultivating today.

1 - The is only 1 way to peace with God and eternal life...a relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ.

10 plus 9 plus 9 plus 1 = 29

I'm still not able to post on PILGRIM PALS with any of the computers at home. It's so frustrating!

Be encouraged, dear ones! God is still on His throne and He cares for His own.


~ The weary pilgrim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been to Plymouth Rock where the pilgrims did land ---

welcome back !

Terry said...

Very good David.
We used to have to memorize the ten commandments in school and also the Beatitiudes and the "love" chapter, 1 Corinthians 13.
What a loss to the children that the Bible is not allowed in school nowadays!

You had better see what is wrong with those computers at home and why you can't post on them!!....
It WOULD be frustrating!

Vicki said...

Good to hear from you, Pilgrim Dave. Thankful for you.

Also thankful that, through Christ, the Law has been fulfilled and His fruit grows within us as we abide. Much to be thankful about!

I'll keep praying in regards to those frustrating computer problems. Had a few of 'em myself this month.

Vicki said...

PS: David, praying that you'll get rested and rejuvenated. Traveling makes a pilgrim weary indeed. But thankful you are always willing to go wherever the Lord leads.

Anonymous said...

I've been missing you, Pilgrim!

Aren't you funny?! 29...you sound like my dad, he's so smart and always can pull something on us with numbers or math!

God bless you,
LPP