Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mission Accomplished

Dear Pals:

After a brief sleep (but a good one) I'm ready to leave Grove City, PA and head for home. I'll get a bite to eat here in the hotel lobby then begin my pilgrimage to our Cavan homestead. I'll have a big breakfast at the Cracker Barrel in Buffalo, NY, visit Bender's Christian Bookstore in Buffalo then cross the border into Canada and make my way home.

Gabe Gross had a good game last night going 1 for 4 with a double, an rbi and a run scored. We had such a meaningful time of fellowship over a meal following the game. Gabe has such a heart for the things of the Lord! What a blessing to be with him. It's always hard to say "good-bye". I got back here to the hotel around 1:00 a.m. and slept soundly, rejoicing that I had been able to be here and have time with Gabe. Please pray for Gabe's wife Kelly as she is experiencing some difficulties early in her pregnancy. Thank you so much!

Please pray for me as I journey home! Pray that God will work another financial miracle even as I drive. He is able! We know that!

As I drive I'll be praying that Heather will sense God's presence in a wonderful way today. What a woman! God's grace has been her sufficiency during this relentless battle with cancer. I'll also be praying for Terry's dad, Dad Golden, that salvation will come to his house. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

Pals, I love each of you and think of you always! God has given me such precious friends!

Be lights in a dark world today, shining for His glory!

Praising Him for you,

~ David

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LORD BLESS DAVID ! safe travelling

Terry said...

Good Morning David!!
Cracker Barrels, eh?
Well Bernie is on afternoons this week so now we are on our way for burnt muffins and senior coffee at the Macs!!
Eat you heart out Doc!
You KNOW you are jealous!
Nobody makes burnt muffins like Macdonalds!!
NOBODY!!
Don't bother waving on your way past Welland, Pilgrim...we won't be here.
We will be trying to read the Tortonto Star through all that smoke that Bernie causes at the Macs when they burn them English muffins!!....Love Terry


PS..Of ocurse we will pray for safety on the road for you as you head home to the family!
You better wave to Donna.
She is not MIA anymore!

Anonymous said...

So, Pilgrim, tell us...WHO did you wave to?! I haven't seen "Peterborough" in awhile, but we still think of you when we pass by that parking spot! :)

God bless you,
LPP