Friday, September 28, 2007

Meandering

Just like this country road, I've been meandering through the fall landscape, sorry that the summer is over but enjoying the fall foliage. Each day is shorter that the preceding one. Christmas is just around the corner. What a thought! After that we're into a brand new year and new opportunities to see God at work.

So, friends, let's make sure we redeem the time and enjoy every moment the Lord has graciously given us.

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." - Ephesians 5:15-20 (NIV)

2 comments:

Terry said...

This road reminds me of a country road that I used to love in Maberly,[about 14 miles from Perth], David.
It was so nice in that part of Ontario.
I was sorely disappointted though when Bernie and I visited a few years ago to find that road paved.
Nothing more beautiful then a winding country road that is only gravel!

Hope you have a good time "catching up" David....Love Terry

PS We are still mostly green here in Welland....very few trees have changed into their autumn apparel yet!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pals, can someone please post this? Thank you.

After reading on a post last night the phrase “God is good all the time”, I thought I’d share the song by the same name (which is one of favorites!), and a few scriptures I’ve been thinking of.

God bless you all,
LPP

Chorus: God is good all the time
He put a song of praise in this heart of mine
God is good all the time
Through the darkest night, His light will shine
God is good, God is good all the time

If you're walking through the valley
And there are shadows all around
Do not fear, He will guide you
He will keep you safe and sound
'Cause He's promised to never leave you
Nor forsake you and His Word is true

Chorus

We were sinners - so unworthy
Still for us He chose to die
Filled us with His Holy Spirit
Now we can stand and testify
That His love is everlasting
And His mercies - they will never end

Chorus

Bridge:
Though I may not understand
All the plans He has for me
My life is in His hands
And through the eyes of faith
I can clearly see

Chorus

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth….For the Lord will not cast off for ever: But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies. For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men…Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD…He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
(KJV)
Lamentations 3:21-27; 31-33; 40; Psalm 33:5