Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Prayer Requests for my church family


Over the next several days would you mind lifting up some of my church family? It's like there is a major attack by the enemy going on.

First there is a young single mother who had to have surgery to repair two holes in her lungs. Her son is 5 years old and is in kindergarten.

Then there is Carole who was hanging displays at the church last night for the beginning of our Awana Club tonight. She fell off the ladder, landing on her back and broke both wrists!

Then there is Joan (pronounced Joanne) who lost her brother to cancer last week and Joan and her husband flew back to Indiana for the funeral which was held today. Meanwhile, late yesterday afternoon, their daughter, 23 yrs. old, suffered a STROKE!! Pray for Mom and Dad as they are trying to return early from Indiana.

The next is our young associate pastor who has been diagnosed with an ulcer but they have sent stuff off for testing to rule out esophagal cancer (like what Jim has had). He and his wife have one child who was born last December 27th who is a Downs. Their little boy is certainly improving but he has a ton of medical issues himself.

Also, another dear elderly friend had an angiogram performed yesterday and they inserted a new stint, too.

And, of course, please continue prayer for my hubby. He still did not go to work last night and I do not know what he plans to do tonight. I'm sure he will make a decision the closer it gets to the time of going in.

Thank you!

Pilot Mom

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Claire -- I feel so bad, I left a joking comment on the above post about U and I didn't see this post of U asking for prayer -- I would not have left a lighthearted comment if I had seen this post --

I WILL remember to pray for your church , I have prayed for U and Jim several times today and last nite and will continue to do so --
I know this , that as U and all of us try to live for GOD , things seem to go wrong and attacks such as these , if U live for self or the world , things go fairly smooth -- REMEMBERING CLAIRE AND JIM AND YOUR CHURCH MEMBERS

Anonymous said...

I think Claire, as the time of the anti-christ comes close, that it will be so tempting for people to just live "decent" lives and they will find it so much easier than continuing to "stand for the faith" , just drift along and not really take a stand for Christ - the evil one will put pressure on Born-Again Christians with demon attacks, sickness , inconviences etc. -- men's hearts will turn cold and drift toward the easier life, even now, if we "turn" from the Lord , look how much "easier" life seems to become -- THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR NEEDS CLAIRE

Pilot Mom said...

Jokes are okay! They don't bother me. After all, the jokes on the one above, not on this one. And the one above definitely deserves SOMETHING! I don't know what, so a jokes as good as anything else, probably better! :p

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire -- we will remember your church as we pray for U and Jim

It would be NICE to see God work in our lives -- "Seasons of Refreshing" --- I guess if the road was paved with just blessings, everyone would jump on board just for the blessings - The Lord told the disciples there will be difficulties , naming the NAME of CHRIST is like waving a red flag to the world. Ever notice how U can talk with people about church, or mass or some bingo event at the church hall but if U mention about how Jesus SAVED U, how one was born-again and the atmosphere changes , chuckle - - they drift away with eyeballs rolling lol , like U got the plague -- lol ----

Anonymous said...

Claire I will be praying also...

donna

Anonymous said...

OH, that is such terrible news...yes it does sound like an attack! I will be praying...hey, I think of you most mornings when we walk right past the local Mormom church (it's literally up the street from my house, and we often walk down that main road)! And when I look at my jacket, which I STILL have not finished embroidering. I changed styles after I embroidered the fish, so I just have the lettering, and the outline where the fish WAS, and the little bit I've begun on it!

God bless you,
LPP

Anonymous said...

OH, that is such terrible news...yes it does sound like an attack! I will be praying...hey, I think of you most mornings when we walk right past the local Mormom church (it's literally up the street from my house, and we often walk down that main road)! And when I look at my jacket, which I STILL have not finished embroidering. I changed styles after I embroidered the fish, so I just have the lettering, and the outline where the fish WAS, and the little bit I've begun on it!

God bless you,
LPP