Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Update From Arlene

These flowers are from my garden for Arlene.....I am posting the update received from her.....




Update From Arlene:

I have to go back into Oakwood Thursday for more chemo. Then there will be more of the anti-body. I don't know if that will be while I am in or not. The reason that he puts me in the hospital when he gives me the chemo is that I have gotten very sick in the past and also the extremely large dose that he gives me. He said that he can't tell me how long I will be there, it just depends on how good I do. Last time it was supposed to be 10 - 14 days and he let me go home in 6. God is good!

I had to have a chest xray last time I was in because I was coughing. He wants to stay on top of that. He said that the tumors in the lungs have grown. Also the tumors in the abdomen have now gotten smaller. I can tell just from feeling them. My stomach was so hard and painful. Neither is the case now. My stomach is still large but not hard and definitely not painful. It was so painful before that if we went over pot holes and where aren't you going to go over them, that I would hold my stomach and almost cry. By the time I got out of the hospital that was no more, thank the Lord.

Barry & I were talking tonight and saying that we are so overwhelmed by the amount of people praying for us. I told him that I absolutely know without a doubt, that without all of the prayer that people are praying for me, I would not have made it this long. There is no doubt that the devil would like to take me out of here. It is just not my time. There is still much work to be done!

I can't thank you enough for loving us and especially for praying for us, when sometimes we couldn't pray for ourselves.

If you have read my blog in the last couple of days you can tell that I have so much peace and I am so thankful for that! I think, until now, if I had been listening to someone else talk about peace in the midst of this huge storm, I would wonder how. Now I know.

We love and appreciate you all, believe me, we do. Like I said when we had one of the prayer meetings here at the house, only eternity can pay you for your prayers. They are absolutely priceless to me and Barry. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We are humbled by each of you!

Posted by Donna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS --- WOW ---

Thanks Donna for updating us and posting this ------

I have no words I can say -- but will be praying --

MAY GOD BLESS THEM ------

Terry said...

Am praying for you Arlene..."By HIS STRIPES" !...Love Terry

Such pretty flowers Donna!