Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The very latest on Pilot Dad....


Here is the very latest news on Pilot Dad. We had an appointment with his radiologist today for a followup from about 10 or 12 days ago. Since then he has lost another 8 pounds. :( The infection is still ongoing. His oncologist ordered more blood work including a re-do of his calcium since that came back high. Tomorrow PD will go in to see his oncologist at 10:30 for a fungal and aerobic bacteria swab of the throat and mouth. Also the radiologist ordered blood cultures done today at the same time as the other blood work. Most of this we won't know anything for about a week.

The radiologist is beginning to think that maybe it is a deep tissue infection. She isn't sure if we should do another CT scan and compare it with the last one 3 weeks ago or would having a MRI be a better thing to do. She will be talking with the oncologist this evening and making a determination about that.

If it is a deep tissue infection then maybe iv's would be the way to go since the oral antibiotics do not seem to be touching it...at all. If they cannot figure out why he is so sick then he will be sent to an infectious disease doctor. His radiologist was kind enough to write to a note to his work explaining he cannot come back to work while he has this unidentified disease. She also didn't want him expending any more calories by working when he needs to be keeping the calories to put on weight. He seems to be losing the battle for weight gain. :( His wedding ring fell off the other day. :( He now weighs less than when we married.

As you go about your days would you lift PD before the throne grace whenever the Lord might bring him to mind? It would be greatly appreciated. Pray for the doctors to have wisdom, discernment, and attention to little details which may be of significance. Pray for PD to begin to gain weight, to stop running a fever, and begin to feel better. Pray for patience for me, that I not grow weary, and that I remain focused on the Lord's faithfulness, grace and mercy.
Pilot Mom

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

AM PRAYING - WILL PRAY - WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY -

JIM AND YOUR NAME IS ON MY LIPS AND IN MY HEART

MAY HE BLESS , MAY HE BLESS , MAY HE BLESS ---

in Jesus's name ,

Anonymous said...

Vicki , thinking of U too and Richard ----- Lord Bless U

Anonymous said...

I am praying too....day and night....why must there be such suffering amongst us....truly brings one to their knees...my heart breaks for so many that are hurting...

donna

Terry said...

Oh Pilot-mom, you don't know how much you and Jim and your kids are on my mind and in my prayers!..Love Terry

Pilot Mom said...

Thank you, EVERYONE!!

I was quite proud of myself for getting this posted early enough for people to read before they went to bed! ;) *grin*

Terry said...

Donna what lovely flowers you are sending to Arlene!
I am so glad that you introduced Arlene, Heather and Minerva to us, and we can all pray for them and then Arlene introduced us to Lisa and Ronnie, Heather brought Marisa and now we are praying fo them all!
And the Lord surely hears our prayers,eh Pilot-mom because we are praying for your Jim too..Love Terry

Anonymous said...

It's my night off....isnt everyone awake????

Pilot Mom said...

Donna, I'm still awake! :D

Terry said...

Yeh Donna....What you have on your hands now is the Night Owl!!!Love Terry

I am in sore need of some beauty sleep...not that it ever works!..

Anonymous said...

Ok so did everyone go to bed now...I was in the kitchen freezing the last batch of tomato sauce...ready for winter now...and now I am trying to download pictures from the wedding....if I have your email, I will send you an invite...cause my daughter insists that I keep it private from the predators of the internet....hehe

beauty sleep????? what is that and where do you go to get it???

Anonymous said...

I go to bed early, so am just reading this,

But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk, and not faint! Isaiah 40:31 KJV

huggs
jel

Anonymous said...

GOOD COMMENTS EVERYONE ! NICE TO SEE U TALKING MORE JEL !!

GOOD TO SHARE AND LAUGH ALITTLE

LORD BLESS U PEOPLE TODAY

Anonymous said...

What a riot everyone had here last night! Oh, that's a British phrase in case you've never heard it before...

I'm praying, Pilot Mom...it must be so hard not knowing what is wrong. It is hard for me with my dad, I know that!

God bless you,
LPP