Sunday, September 30, 2007

New Beginnings

This morning I had the distinct privilege of speaking to a congregation which has gone through two church splits in recent years. Membership is down to 46 in this local church.

Last night the church family met to vote in a new board and I was asked to pray over them during the service this morning. There is a real sense that God is going to do something special with His people who gather there.

What a privilege to encourage and challenge these dear believers who have hung in there despite these frustrating times!

Now I'm packing my bags and preparing for my train ride to Montreal in the morning for the Hockey Ministries International staff conference.

Thanks for your prayers, dear Pilgrim Pals. I'll be posting on "Pals" while I'm gone, Lord willing.

Much love in Christ,

David

No comments: