Sunday, August 19, 2007

be Thou my vision ...

i posted this on my blog, Thro' a Glass Darkly, today ... and Heb 11:1 asked if i wouldn't mind posting it here too ... i'd be happy too ... *smile*


cyber hymnal states that this hymn was first begun in the 8th century, then completed in 1912 ... the sentiments have stayed true over a 1000 years ... the poet and composer have long been with the Lord - delighting in the Vision which is now their reality ...

if our eyes are focused on Him who has saved us ... won't that help us see our daily trials and tribulations in proper perspective? it's something i try to practise ... knowing that " ... all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." ...








Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

RICH ----------- GOOD STUFF , SAIJA

Amen to this

Vicki said...

Saija, thank you so much. I love this hymn!! I think I'll find it and play it tonight.

Anonymous said...

Kittos!

~Lil Pilgrim Pal(but my sister told me to change my words from english to finnish)

Terry said...

Dear Saija...
I just love the Cyber Hymn site!
It was one of the first sites that I added to my favorites just about a week after we were on the internet about five years ago.
This hymn is especially good!

Thanks Little Pilgrim for asking our little Manitoba girl, Saija to post it on the Pals!
I haven't been up to see her for so long but I will be getting back into the swing of it, visiting my old friends again and Vicki and her husband also, to at least say Hi!

How grateful I am for David's putting this centre control here where at least we can bump into our friends on a steady basis!!
I have been looking to see if that Lisa will be here soon!...Love Terry

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Shirkie...

5 years ago...us, too!! And we found cyberhymnal pretty fast, too!

I like bumping into everyone here at Pals, too, but sometimes I get a little lay, and don't go outside of here...

Lil Pilgrim Pal