Saturday, August 18, 2007

CONFIDENCE



Dear Pilgrim Pals:

Many years ago I combined two scripture verses into a little chorus. Time and time again this song comes to mind and I sing it to myself (or out loud if nobody is around). The truths contained in these scriptures need to be affirmed often.

Here's the chorus:

Being confident of this one thing...
He who began a work in you
Surely will perform it
'Til the day of Jesus Christ.

For faithful is He who calleth you
Who also will do it.

Being confident of this one thing...
He who began a work in you
Surely will perform it
'Til the day of Jesus Christ.

Note: When I'm brave enough, a God-Tube video version will follow.

Be confident in His working in your life today. He WILL do it!

The verses are Philippians 1:6 - "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" and 1 Thessalonians 5:24 - "The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES - THE ONE who calls us is FAITHFUL

AMEN to that

Pilot Mom said...

Oh, I can't wait for the God-Tube video to come out! :) Don't wait too long, okay David?

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the God-tube video, too, although I didn't watch the you-tube one, yet! I have to pull out my headphones and listen to it sometime!

Lil Pilgrim pal

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

I am always so encouraged by your messages David! In fact all the Pilgrims are such encouragers - thank God we have this place to gather!

I can't wait for th GodTube version either!!

Julie (LM)